Thursday, July 08, 2010

Just like home.

So, I'm well into my mid-twenties, decently successful, depending on your definition, independent and content, right? I make my own money, feed myself, pay my bills... What's next?

Why it would only be natural to move back in with your family, right?

Okay, perhaps this is not everyone's idea of next steps, but I think it's the right move for me. Well, let me clarify, I'm not moving at all. Rather my family is moving in with me. Sheng & Lacey, roomies, welcome.

So what is my motivation, besides love for the siblings? Well my ulterior motive is for Sheng to take over my lease, absolving me of permanent dwellings. Not only that, but I will save more money for my ultimate goal: moooooooving. I'm ready for a change. I have been for a while. Somehow I'm finally motivated to do something about it. I think the stars finally aligned: convenient sublet, saving money, happy to move boyfriend, motivation to update my website (still in progress), and... discontent. I'm 26 and I've been living in Ames, Iowa, for 8 years now! Time to move on, see new things, meet new people.

I'm feeling excited. Currently listening to "Ten Cent Pistol" by The Black Keys.

1 comment:

  1. The times are changing. So is the look or your blog.

    Let's hang soon. I'm only around for a few more weeks :/

    ReplyDelete