Saturday, July 31, 2010

Update, Ly

1. Sheng is completely moved in. It's tight, but homey.

2. Brandon's finally back from Kansas City. He's had a successful internship at Bernstein-Rein, and I couldn't be prouder.

3. Leaving for North Carolina in less than 13 days. I'm sort of not ready but also feeling completely ready, if that makes any sense. I want to get out of here, run away for a while, and work on myself; I feel a little bit lost. I thought this letterpress workshop was going to be a good move for my career and creative spirits, but moreso, I think it will be a good spirit awakening.

4. Church. Every year I go though a phase, where I'm all about it: I'm excited to go every week, I read the Bible, listen to songs from church,  I'm just in love. But also... every year, I go through a phase where I avoid it like the plague. That's what I'm in right now. It started in January when I had my foot surgeries and has continued through summer. I'm ready to start the other phase now. Please.

5. The Cafe. I've been back to work since May. I guess that means about 3 months now. I'm still a little uncomfortable. I'm not really sure why, but maybe this is a good thing. Perhaps my life in the restaurant world is over (suggested by my discomfort). I'm sort of reading it as a subtle sign, quietly hinting I should move on. Move towards the prime of my life... whatever that may be. The thing is, I don't know what my "purpose" will be... I just want to feel more fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment